Monday, September 6, 2010

Day of a little labor

I had the day off from work today for Labor Day, so took the opportunity to do some refashioning (when not dealing with a long work-related conference call). I started out with a dress I'd gotten from the dollar-a-pound a while ago; it's originally some sort of house dress.


I loved the print and the colors and the stretchy fabric, but there was just so MUCH of it all! (Probably should have taken a picture wearing it, but it came down to the floor and was fairly overwhelming.) I cut off about two feet from the bottom, leaving me with a great piece of fabric that I hope will end up in a later project. Then I chopped off the sleeves, leaving what turned out to be some sort of flutter sleeves. The fabric's a knit and doesn't appear to be unraveling, so I didn't even finish the hems. Add a belt and some sandals, and I had this:


Ignore my squinting. It was bright and sunny! And really, really nice out! I went for a run in the late afternoon, the first I'd taken for quite a while...I'm going to try to get back in the game on my workouts this fall.


Dress: thrifted, refashioned. Sandals: Miz Mooz, thrifted. Belt: Forever 21. Earrings: Ebay jewelry lot.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! (or a good Monday, if today wasn't a day off...)

5 comments:

the Citizen Rosebud said...

the dress is so much cuter short. and what a great electric blue!

Caroline said...

Hi! I commented over on Wardrobe Refashion, but wanted to come see what else you had with such a great blog name. I love the 8/26 outfit! And this refashioned dress would probably become a staple in my wardrobe, it is such a lovely color and looks so comfy! Those are cute sandals. Thrifted? Wish I had that kind of luck ...

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love that color blue on you.

xoxo
Amy

Caroline said...

Hi! I commented over on Wardrobe Refashion, but wanted to come see what else you had with such a great blog name. I love the 8/26 outfit! And this refashioned dress would probably become a staple in my wardrobe, it is such a lovely color and looks so comfy! Those are cute sandals. Thrifted? Wish I had that kind of luck ...

the Citizen Rosebud said...

the dress is so much cuter short. and what a great electric blue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...