Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Quick outfit post


I felt the need for a highly feminine outfit today...not sure why! This navy dress with white flowers plus the white skirt underneath was one of my go-to pairings last spring...and putting the cardigan over it helped keep it a bit more weather-appropriate. Oh Boston, why must you have so much rain and so many cloudy, chilly days? Yes, I know it's still only March, at least for the rest of the day. But this weekend...this weekend will be warm!

Details:
Cardigan: Banana Republic, thrifted (dollar-a-pound)
Dress: Paris Blues, thrifted (dollar-a-pound), hemmed by me
White skirt: Forever21
Black tights: Hue
Black shoes: Sketchers


Another quiet day around the lab. I spent most of the morning working on the thesis, attempting not to go too detailed in my background sections (do I need a complete essay on the history of modern dance in a master's thesis on gesture recognition technologies for performance? No, no I do not). The afternoon was spent in class, and the early evening on more thesis writing. Then home. I'm remarkably tired for no particular reason. Perhaps it's the weather.


Here's the outfit without the cardigan, so you can see the top of the dress. I love this sweetheart neckline..one of the cuts that fits me well, I think. I really like this dress overall, though I hemmed it a little bit short! The only bad thing about the fit is that the back gapes a bit at the top if I stand up straight. I'm not entirely sure how to best fix that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started on this rain... haha

You look great!! That dress is so pretty... super cool idea to wear the white skrt underneath it. Wow, so loving it!!

xoxo
Amy

p.S. Love that you are from Masschusetts too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Don't even get me started on this rain... haha

You look great!! That dress is so pretty... super cool idea to wear the white skrt underneath it. Wow, so loving it!!

xoxo
Amy

p.S. Love that you are from Masschusetts too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...