Sunday, February 28, 2010

belated post

This was supposed to go up on Wednesday night or Thursday...and then performances got in my way! Oops.


So, this was Wednesday's outfit, somewhat uninspired; it was raining heavily all day and I was tired and I didn’t quite pull together this outfit the way I would have wanted to. This vintage (maybe?) dress seems to be handmade, though it’s got a label in it… hmm. I think it would work better without a shirt underneath, though not till summer!


I admit I didn’t wear the hat out, but I had gotten a bunch of vintage hats off Ebay for a reasonable price and this one was waiting for me when I got home…couldn’t resist trying it on…

For any of you who wear/collect/sell vintage clothing…how do you date things appropriately, anyway? I’ve done a fair amount of research on the different looks from different periods, but how can I tell whether something is from the 60’s or 70’s or is a fairly recent reproduction of the look? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...