Monday, February 8, 2010

Wishing it were spring!



So when I pulled this outfit together, I think I was thinking more “Paris in the spring” (not that I've been to Paris...) than “Boston in the dead of winter”. Unfortunately, I had to deal with the second one…Winter is not my favorite season, by a long shot. But it’s definitely something I have to encounter for the next two months at least. I can’t wait until it starts getting warm enough to go out without a heavy jacket and multiple pairs of tights! So of course I ended up wearing a sweatshirt over this for most of the day, as the lab was kind of cold. I think I ought to keep an eye open for some nice cardigans next time I go thrifting...



I’m trying the slip under a skirt thing again, this time less because of the length of the skirt and more to add an extra layer and some detail. Also, this skirt has pockets, which I love. It’s a favorite in my summer/fall wardrobe, but a bit thin for winter. The necklace is probably my favorite for sentimental reasons…my first gift from the boyfriend, as a holiday present. He’s got good taste in jewelry, luckily for me!





But yes. Looks like it’ll be a busy week. I had a number of meetings today, a rehearsal, and a good amount of time spent writing code. There’s going to be a fair amount of repetition of that for the rest of the week. Only two and a half weeks till this performance…wow! I have a fair amount of gesture recognition technology that I have to get actually working...much of the code I wrote today was more about getting the software ready to use in a performance scenario, rather than about fine-tuning the gesture recognition stuff so that it works reliably. (I am entertained by the fact that everyone else is completely sure I'll pull this all off; I'm the only one with doubts!)

3 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

that's a great necklace! Thanks for visiting my giveaway over at bonbon girls! If you need anything let me know. I can get you discounted shipping!

Sierra said...

LoveLoveLOVE that necklace! So pretty!

Design A-Peele said...

that's a great necklace! Thanks for visiting my giveaway over at bonbon girls! If you need anything let me know. I can get you discounted shipping!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...