Monday, February 15, 2010

Pre-Valentine's Day outfit


This was last Friday’s outfit… for work at the lab, a couple of meetings, and seeing the boyfriend who came to visit for the weekend. (He's in school in NYC right now...hopefully will be joining me in the Boston area soon.) So, an early Valentine’s Day look seemed appropriate. I’m not huge on the symbolism of the holiday, as I think people (not only those in romantic relationships, mind you) should show their appreciation and care for one another on a regular basis…but it’s still nice to have a good excuse to do so.

Also, I got some yummy food and a red cake baked for me because of it. :) The boy rather enjoys baking, and is quite good at it, which is a great thing for me. Look at this pretty cake!


I’m getting really interested in layering slips under dresses and skirts…here I tried a black slip with lace trim under a plain black dress, to give the appearance of a more detailed dress.


The brooch is one of a number of vintage costume jewelry pieces I’ve gotten off Ebay. I’m overly tempted by pretty shiny things…sometimes I think I must have been a magpie in a previous life. (Sometime I should post pictures of my dresser top covered with shiny jewelry things...)


The boy took these photos, and I find it interesting to see that I do smile differently when it's for someone rather than for a self-timer.



Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...