Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time for some color!


Looking at the last few days of outfit posts, I’m realizing that my daily wardrobe hasn’t been including a lot of color. This red skirt, recently thrifted, was my attempt at breaking that up a bit! Well...it's still sticking with the general plan of "mostly neutrals, perhaps with an accent color", but at least there's more of the color! I’m looking forward to spring coming, when my majority of colorful clothes are a bit more seasonably appropriate. It’s supposed to be highs in the 40’s for the next few days…that means it’s almost spring, right? At least till the next snowstorm on Tuesday?


I wore the cardigan over it most of the day, as it isn't actually spring yet and it's still kind of chilly in the lab. Well, everyone else thinks my office is rather warm...but I still get cold in there.


I wore this to the lab and rehearsal today. I'm liking this thing of getting more dressed up even just to go to work...even when most people aren't in my lab this week (due to my advisor being on vacation and several people being on a trip related to this opera my group is working on). I'm just here having rehearsals and doing coding and pulling things together, though. I’ve got a bit more than a week until this performance…and I’m really looking forward to having a bit of time when all of that is done. You know, time in which I can write a thesis. And maybe do some other stuff.

The faux pearl necklace is a vintage piece from my brief obsession with vintage jewelry lots on Ebay.


I really like the colors in this scarf! This was a fun thrifting find...Yves Saint Laurent, apparently. But at the dollar-a-pound-plus, so probably...50 cents, max?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dying for a red skirt and yours is so pretty!

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love the scarf belt! And the pearls of course. I'm a pearls junky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...