Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snowy day!

I woke up this morning to snowy skies (so much for "forty percent chance of snow"), so this outfit seemed appropriate. My favorite black turtleneck plus a plaid wool skirt that I thrifted a few weeks ago and since have worn quite a few times. It's actually nearish floor-length (though you can't quite tell from the pictures), so I'd originally gotten it with the intention to hem it to just above the knee. However, that may have to wait for this spring or probably next fall...right now it does quite well as a warm long winter skirt! (Also, it's quite a nice skirt, and nicely lined, so I'd have to be very careful with the hem. Maybe I can find another brown plaid skirt to make my shorter skirt?)



I started out this outfit with a bright blue belt over the turtleneck to help define the waist. However, it ended up being a bit too uncomfortable (little too tight of a belt) and not the best color for this palette. If I had a brown belt, that might be better.



The necklace is something that I had gotten for free off the campus-wide mailing list for things people are trying to get rid of. It seemed a bit much of a statement piece for me, but it's worth trying when it's free! However, I didn't wear it for a number of months...so here it is making its first public appearance.

Anyway. Spent much of my day in class (first day of classes today!) and meetings. Technically, I'm not supposed to take classes due to this being a thesis semester, but I'll be a listener (non-graded student who doesn't have to do assignments) on a pretty cool class on new textiles. Most of the class meetings are labs where we make things during class anyway, so I hopefully will get a lot out of it without being a full student in the class. And my rehearsal went quite well this evening, even if I didn't have any technology in it today. (perhaps especially because I didn't have any technology in it today!) We made a lot of progress on defining the arc and story for this particular duet, which was quite satisfying. Always a challenge to figure out how to add the technology in such a way that it is necessary and beneficial for the story, when I can tell a story in a satisfying way using just the movement and words...

2 comments:

erika sorocco said...

Your boots and your necklace are just divine - I'm loving your style!! :)

Erika said...

Your boots and your necklace are just divine - I'm loving your style!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...