Sunday, January 1, 2012

Entering the New Year



Happy 2012, everyone!

While I don't think that January 1st is a magic date for world-changing, I do enjoy taking a bit of time to reflect on the year and think about ways in which I'd like to continue developing and improving my life over the next year. 2011 was a pretty busy year for me...I did a fair amount of traveling for work, moved into new stages in my graduate studies, and spent some nice times with friends and family. For 2012, I'd like to get some more progress in my work and more creativity and new things in my life overall...

So a few things I'm thinking about as we go into the New Year:

  • Overall: Do things to increase my sense of adventure and exploration, break out of my routines. Try to do at least one NEW THING every week. See more of Boston. Take day trips. Go to eat at new places, cook new recipes, take dance classes, go to shows and concerts and performances, try other classes and events and activities.

  • Work: Publish more papers, take and pass my general exams, finish a new project at least every week (hardware/software and/or performance. I love what I do!)

  • Home: I want to start decluttering on a regular basis. Try getting rid of A Thing a Day (an idea from the Unclutterer forums). Be more mindful of the things I bring into my home. Continue to make it a really happy place to live in.

  • Health: I want to keep up the exercise routine that I developed last year, getting some cardio work in at least 2-3 times per week. I'd also like to limit my white sugar intake...despite having been raised not eating sugar, my sweet tooth has been going overboard the last few years.

  • People: Make sure to take time for my family and boyfriend. Keep working actively to keep in touch with my college friends.

  • Blogging: I just signed up for NaBloPoMo, a month of posting every day! I'm hoping to use this as a push to get myself writing more here (and doing more craft projects/pushing my style further).


How about you all? Do you make New Year's resolutions or not? What are you hoping to do in this year to come?

2 comments:

Terri said...

I need to investigate NaBloPoMO!  Here's to an excellent 2012.

Nannette Turner Saunders said...

I am all about decluttering & simplifying!   Love your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...